The article below includes an incredibly long list of reasons why Obama should be impeached, and it is well known that there are several more reasons not included on the list; such as his decision to intentionally defy the Federal Controlled Substance Act and the UN Treaties on Drugs that America is legally obligated to enforce by International Law.
Additionally, there have been several persons who are current and formers members of the United Nations that have appealed to the President to fully enforce the Drug Treaties which has fallen on deaf ears.
America has also witnessed the overwhelming majority of former ONDCP Directors (Office of National Drug Control Policy) and past DEA Administrators (Drug Enforcement Administration) ask the president to strongly defend the Federal Controlled Substance Act (CSA) and like the United Nations, their concerns also fell on deaf ears.
Should both houses of the US Congress be controlled by the Republicans after the November, 2014 ballot, Americans ought to expect the Drum Roll to Impeach President Obama quickly grow louder with each passing day.Ron Kirkish, CDFC/IFBC/CALM
June 9, 2014 by Bob Livingston
There is clear and convincing evidence that President Barack Obama has on numerous occasions willfully committed treason and high crimes and misdemeanors and should be removed from office.The “crimes” that led to the impeachment of both Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton and the resignation of Richard Nixon pale in comparison to Obama’s. Johnson’s “crimes” were purely political.
He favored a policy of benevolent reconciliation with the Southern States following the Civil War.He issued a series of proclamations that directed the Southern States to hold conventions and elections to reform their governments; he attempted to veto a number of bills establishing military districts to oversee the new State governments; he vetoed an incumbent protection act called the Tenure of Office Act; and he fired Secretary of War Edwin Stanton, who was working against him at every turn.
Those moves were all contrary to the wishes of the Republicans who controlled both houses of Congress in the aftermath of the war.The impeachment vote in the Senate failed by one vote on all three counts to receive the two-thirds majority necessary to remove Johnson from office.
Clinton was impeached for perjury to a grand jury and obstruction of justice in the Paula Jones sexual harassment suit and the related independent counsel’s investigation in the Monica Lewinsky affair and various other Clinton misdeeds.Forty-five Senators—all of them Republican—voted to remove Clinton from office over the perjury charge.
Fifty voted to remove him for obstruction of justice.Though Clinton was clearly guilty, not one Democrat in the Senate voted to impeach.
And, in fact, the Senate voted 100-0 to not hear any live witnesses in the trial.Nixon, of course, resigned a couple of weeks after the House opened its impeachment hearings over his role in the cover-up of the Watergate break-in and other allegations of his misuse of office, the facts of which were just coming to light at the time.
The “I-word” hit the mainstream media after war-loving, chicken hawk and John McCain-lapdog Senator Lindsey Graham warned Obama that Republicans would call for his impeachment if he released more prisoners from Guantanamo Bay without Congressional approval.Before that, anyone mentioning impeachment was shouted down and cast by the media and the establishment as nutty, kooky or… wait for it… a conspiracy theorist.
Obama responded to Graham’s threat by having his underlings release news that another Gitmo prisoner may soon be sprung.I am under no illusion that the impeachment proceedings are in the offing, regardless of what Obama does.
Neither is Obama.Graham’s threat was as idle as an inattentive parent’s threat to a misbehaving child.
When you hear a parent tell his child “No” over and over, and then hear him say, “You do that once more and you’re in trouble,” you know that child is never disciplined — and the child knows it, too.This is Congress and Obama.
Neither Republicans nor Democrats in Washington, D.C., are interested in anything other paying lip service to the Constitution while solidifying their respective grips on power and transferring America’s wealth to their favored crony partners.That is all that matters in D.C. Neither party will intentionally do anything to upset their cushy apple cart.
And the MSM, which long ago abandoned any pretense at objective journalism, are beholden to the elites and in the tank for the regime, drunk as they are on being next to the power structure.You can’t expect real journalism with a lineup like this:
- ABC Senior Correspondent Claire Shipman is married to outgoing White House Press Secretary Jay Carney.
- CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
- CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of top Obama official Ben Rhodes, who is responsible for rewriting the Benghazi talking points.
- ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama special adviser Elizabeth Sherwood.
Even leftist legal scholar Jonathan Turley called Obama “the president Richard Nixon always wanted to be.”So here are my articles of impeachment — in no particular order — for the undocumented usurper currently despoiling the People’s House: Barack Hussein Obama.
- He provided aid and comfort to the enemy by releasing five suspected terrorists and former members of the Taliban who participated in or orchestrated attacks against Americans.
- He violated a law he signed six months prior requiring him to notify Congress 30 days before releasing GITMO detainees.
- He has willfully and repeated violated Article I, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution by continuously amending the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.
- He knowingly and willfully violated Article I, Section 7 of the U.S. Constitution by signing the ACA, knowing full well it was a bill for raising revenue that had originated in the Senate.
- He engaged in fraud by repeatedly lying to the American people about the effects of the ACA by claiming that Americans could keep their current coverage and physicians if they chose.
- He exercised an abuse of power by instructing, through his proxies, agents of the Internal Revenue Service to target conservative organizations and his critics for extra scrutiny and audits.
- He participated in an obstruction of justice and a criminal conspiracy by hindering a Congressional investigation into the Internal Revenue Service targeting scandal and using Attorney General Eric Holder and the Department of Justice in that obstruction.
- He provided aid and comfort to the enemy by ordering or allowing the sale of arms and ammunition to al-Qaida-linked terrorists in Syria and by dispatching agents of the government to advise and train in the use of the those weapons and in military tactics.
- He failed, despite repeated requests by the U.S. Consulate, to provide the security necessary to ensure the safety of U.S. personnel and the Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
- He knowingly and willfully denied military assistance to Americans under attack at the Benghazi Consulate, resulting in the trashing of the U.S. Consulate building, the theft of sensitive documents and the deaths of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens.
- He knowingly and willfully lied and ordered his proxies to lie about the circumstances surrounding the attack on the U.S Consulate in Benghazi, thereby perpetrating a fraud on the American people in order to ensure his re-election and to cover up his illegal gun running operation.
- He violated the War Powers Act by failing to gain Congressional approval for the military attack on Libya that resulted in the overthrow of the Libyan regime.
- He provided aid and comfort to the enemy by using the American military and intelligence organizations and allowing the sale of arms and ammunition to al-Qaida-linked terrorists in order to assist them in overthrowing a legal regime in Libya that Congress had not declared war upon.
- He has repeatedly made war on various Middle Eastern countries with the use of drone attacks without the approval of Congress in violation of the War Powers Act and in violation of Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution.
- He has ordered the murders of at least three American citizens without due process in violation of Amendments 5, 6, 8 and 14.
- He has repeatedly used the Environmental Protection Agency to contravene Congress and pass laws harmful to American businesses and consumers, in violation of Article I, Section 1.
- He has repeatedly violated the 4th Amendment by allowing agencies under his direction to continue to spy upon, wiretap and collect personal information of American citizens who are not criminal suspects.
- He has repeatedly violated Article II, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution by disregarding laws passed by Congress, including, but not limited to, U.S. immigration laws, civil rights laws and the Defense of Marriage Act.
- He knowingly allowed the illegal sale of weapons to Mexican narco-terrorists that were later used to kill Americans, including border agent Brian Terry.
- He obstructed justice by participating with Attorney General Holder in a cover-up of the Fast and Furious gun running scheme.
- He knowingly and willfully violated Article IV, Section 4 by failing to protect the border States against invasion, and in fact encouraged that invasion through his rhetoric and with the use of executive orders that contravened U.S. immigration law.
- He knowingly and willfully violated Article IV, Section 4 (guaranteeing a republican form of government to each State) by strong-arming, intimidating and threatening to withhold funds from the States of Oklahoma, Texas, Montana, Rhode Island and Arizona in order to coerce the people and legislatures of those States and prevent the passage of laws according to the citizen’s wishes.
- He instructed his Interior Secretary to ignore the orders of Federal courts to lift a moratorium on deepwater drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, which denied oil workers an opportunity to earn a living and damaged the U.S. economy.
- He broke established precedent and contravened established bankruptcy law, to the detriment of the bond holders and the advantage of his campaign contributors (auto unions) in the General Motors bailout.
- In the auto bailout, he knowingly and willfully deprived numerous auto dealers of their dealerships for political reasons in violation of Amendments 4 and 14.
- He repeatedly transferred funds from the U.S. Treasury to his cronies and campaign contributors for use in failing green energy schemes.
- He violated Article II, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution by appointing officers without first obtaining the “Advice and Consent of the Senate.”
“Impeachment is a political remedy: even if palpably guilty of profound transgressions, a president will not be ousted without a groundswell of public ire,” McCarthy writes.In his case for impeachment, McCarthy breaks Obama’s high crimes and misdemeanors into seven articles. They are:
- Article I: The President’s willful refusal to execute the laws faithfully and usurpation of the legislative authority of Congress.
- Article II: Usurping the Constitutional authority and prerogatives of Congress.
- Article III: Dereliction of Duty as President and Commander in Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Article IV: Fraud on the American People.
- Article V: Failure to execute the Immigration Laws faithfully.
- Article VI: Failure to execute the laws faithfully: Department of Justice.
- Article VII: Willfully undermining the Constitutional rights of the American people that he is sworn to preserve, protect and defend.
But they also include Obama’s defiance of Congressional law and court orders in:
§ obstructing the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste project,§ his defiance of Federal law requiring him to address Medicare insolvency,
§ his undermining of and contempt for Congress’ duty to conduct oversight of Federal agencies,
§ his dereliction of duty by imposing unconscionable rules of engagement that endanger American troops,
§ lying about Iran negotiations and assisting that country with its nuclear program,
§ politicization of the DoJ, politically motivated selective prosecution by the DoJ,
§ DoJ investigations and other intimidation of journalists in violation of Amendment 1,
§ systematic stonewalling of Congress,
§ abridgement of Amendment 1 in appeasing Islamic supremacists by adopting repressive sharia blasphemy standards, suppression of information about Islamic terrorism,
§ including its occurrence at Ft. Hood, abridgement of Amendment 1 by vindictively targeting and prosecuting high-profile critics,
§ and his abridgement of Amendment 2 by joining an international treaty despite Congressional opposition.
McCarthy notes that since impeachment is a political rather than a legal remedy, the burden of proof is different.But he also states that as long as there is no groundswell of opposition to the President’s actions from the public, there will be no impeachment.
I’ll go one step further: As long as there is not a two-thirds majority of Republicans in the Senate, there will be no impeachment.
But even in the off chance that Republicans were to somehow come up with 66 Senators willing to remove the President, the Republicans would not have the stomach to attempt it because the sycophantic media would gin impeachment up as a racial issue and stir up street riots that would make Watts riots look like a park stroll.The ensuing carnage would likely result in the removal of the entire power structure in Washington.
And the establishment — whether it sides with the Democrats or Republicans — will agree it can’t have that.